Thursday, October 11, 2012

Man simply is.



dont be boring. People sometimes ask me, ‘If things are so bad, why don’t you just kill yourself?’ The answer is that life is really, really good. I am a complex enough being that I can hold in my heart the understanding that we are really, really fucked, and at the same time that life is really, really good. I am full of rage, sorrow, joy, love, hate, despair, happiness, satisfaction, dissatisfaction, and a thousand other feelings. We are really fucked. Life is still really good.
 
Either Twain or Einstein said that education interferes with learning (who knows, internet?) and i am not liking these educators at the moment. in fact, i dont want to do this anymore. Literally, psychologist means ‘one who studies the soul’, we think of it as a scary word in our harsh-sounding, Germanic language, but it actually means something really beautiful. I also like that it is ambiguous as to whether it’s me studying my own soul, or yours, or you studying my soul, or me asking you to study your own. It’s like a big impossible object that goes around and around. shame, really, La Trobe.


I’m a beautiful feminine Pegasus, and my IQ’s zero. When you’re as lovely as I am, you have no need for an IQ.
—Jane Dunlap (after 110 micrograms of LSD-25)
 
 
 
Close your eyes, let your hands and nerve-ends drop, stop breathing for 3 seconds, listen to the silence inside the illusion of the world, and you will remember the lesson you forgot.
 
 
 ////////
 
 
Marina Abramovic and her lover/collaborator Ulay performing “Death Self”. This performance consisted of the two artists seated in front of each other, connected at the mouth. They took in each other’s breaths until all of their available oxygen had been used up. The performance lasted only 17 minutes, resulting in both artists collapsing unconscious to the floor, having filled their lungs with carbon dioxide. This personal piece explored the idea of an individual’s ability to absorb the life of another person, exchanging and destroying it.
 
 
 
it just occurred to me that when you reminisce on your memories they don’t seem real and then you question if they were and maybe they weren’t and in that case the past never happened and so then maybe the present isn’t happening either - fuckyeah mind blown
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment