hey! piss off neuorpharmacology study, hello flippin sweeeeeeeeeeeet literature!!!!!
For anyone who ever wanted to read Karl Marx’s Capital but felt they needed a little help
this is such a prize!
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
The 10 commandments of logical fallacies ;)
- Thou shall not attack the person’s character, but the argument. (Ad hominem)
- Thou shall not misrepresent or exaggerate a person’s argument in order to make them easier to attack. (Straw man fallacy)
- Thou shall not use small numbers to represent the whole. (Hasty generalization)
- Thou shall not argue thy position by assuming one of its premises is true. (Begging the question)
- Thou shall not claim that because something occurred before, it must be the cause. (Post Hoc/False cause)
- Thou shall not reduce the argument down to two possibilities. (False dichotomy)
- Thou shall not argue that because of our ignorance, claim must be true or false. (Ad ignorantum)
- Thou shall not lay the burden of proof onto him that is questioning the claim. (Burden of proof reversal)
- Thou shall not assume “this” follows “that” when it has no logical connection. (Non sequitur)
- Thou shall not claim that because a premise is popular, therefore it must be true. (Bandwagon fallacy)